· Minimum Master’s degree, preferred ABD or Ph.D. in Art History with emphasis on the graphic arts and print culture. Experience in working with prints and/or works on paper; Minimum two-years experience in professional art gallery or museum setting, particularly in curatorial work and/or collection management; Experience in exhibit planning a plus.
· Valid driver’s license.
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. The successful candidate must have:
· Be able and willing to represent the university in the most positive manner.
· Thorough knowledge of fine art prints and works on paper, including proper handling, display and storage procedures.
· Familiarity with responsibilities associated with the operation of a campus-based art gallery.
· Familiarity with providing a secure and archival environment for art storage and exhibition.
· Working knowledge of computers and electronic data processing related to collections management.
· Possess excellent organizational and time management skills and must be flexible and adjust to the changing needs of the office. Ability to meet tight deadlines with little supervision
· Thorough knowledge of current office practice and procedures, good business English and proofreading skills. Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing;
· Must have the ability to deal effectively and diplomatically with diverse personalities and backgrounds.
· Must have knowledge of University’s Policies and Procedures. Expected to perform the job in a manner that is consistent with the University’s mission and goals.
· Thorough knowledge of, and willingness to uphold and abide by, the University Galleries’ Collection Management Policy.
· Must be able to represent the office in a professional manner.
· Must be available to work gallery openings after normal business hours.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.