· High School Graduate or GED.
· Two years of experience as a law enforcement dispatcher, telephone operator or equivalent; or two years of full-time clerical experience involving public contact preferred. OR
· An equivalent combination of related business and police science education and progressively responsible work experience.
· Successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation and psychological exam.
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Demonstrate and maintain good judgment with the ability to independently respond and act quickly, accurately evaluate information and situations, and make appropriate decisions in routine, non-routine and emergency situations.
· Ability to maintain self-control, poise, composure and concentration while working in a fast paced multi-tasking environment with numerous interruptions and noise; must be able remain calm, think clearly and use sound judgment when working with high pressure and stressful emergency situations.
· Knowledge of generally accepted office procedures, practices and work methods, including strong record-keeping and prioritization skills; ability to type and operate general office and computerized equipment; ability to read, write, and spell at a level sufficient for satisfactory job performance.
· Possess excellent communication skills; speak clearly and concisely, follow oral and written instructions, transfer information accurately, and handle a wide range of interpersonal interactions effectively.
· Ability to learn standard broadcasting procedures, FCC rules regarding law enforcement radio transmission, and the 10-code system.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, interact with all members of the campus community and general public.
· Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
· Ability to successfully complete all training, including P.O.S.T. Basic Dispatcher training course within the probationary period or within a period arranged by the Department.
· Ability to comply with all departmental uniform and equipment standards.
Special Conditions of Employment
Must be able to work flexible hours including all rotating shift assignments, nights, weekends, holidays; available for on-call assignment and overtime as needed.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Serious candidates are encouraged to request official transcripts to help expedite the hiring process.