Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
College degree in a sustainability related field, business or public policy required, graduate degree strongly preferred. Interest in sustainability topics and experience in climate action planning preferred.
At least one year of experience in leading/managing projects involving multiple agencies or parties.
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Analyze and make thoughtful suggestions on the design and implementation of Climate Collaborative priorities and projects.
· Effectively facilitate meetings between multiple parties.
· Coordinate work with other agencies.
· Communicate clearly, both in the written and spoken word, and to write, edit, proofread, research, and report.
· Exercise judgment and leadership skills to make decisions under uncertainty.
· Present information clearly on the website.
· Demonstrate tact, diplomacy, and discretion in dealing with sensitive complex issues.
· Establish and maintain highly effective relationships with the Climate Collaborative Steering Committee, members, professional business organizations, the media, the public, and others encountered in conducting Collaborative business.
· Principles and practices of energy efficiency, renewable energy, green buildings, alternative fuels, greenhouse gas emissions inventories, water conservation, and general sustainability.
· Pertinent local, State, and Federal regulations and laws related to climate change.
· Principles and practices of effective writing, photos, video, and communication.
· Effective business communications and correct language usage.
· Marketing and communications strategies and techniques.
· The media, policymakers, and advocacy groups.
· Internet technologies and associated products, tools, and equipment, especially WordPress.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
A current, valid California Class C driver’s license at time of appointment and maintained at all times. LEED Green Associate Certification or LEED Accredited Professional Certification preferred.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Serious candidates are encouraged to request official transcripts to help expedite the hiring process.